Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, be astounded, be amazed…Ok, let’s cut the Big Top hyperbole.
Thursday 7th August was book launch night for my 2nd novel The Girl Who Walked On Air. Just 10 months ago we’d launched Frost Hollow Hall in the same indie bookshop, Brendon Books in Taunton. And now, here we were, prosecco glasses raised, doing it all again.
1.Was it bigger? Was it better? I’ll let the pictures tell the story…
2. Favourite people- My best pal Becky and the lovely Mr Carroll
3. My wonderful editor Rebecca Lewis-Oakes from Faber saying lovely things. *sigh*
4. Surprise guests- Naomi and Andrew, two of my all-time favourite students.
5. The real SHOWSTOPPER- Jack Russell extraordinaire Winny
6. Winny proving that dogs can read.
7. The signing piles. We shifted every single copy!!!
In all, a fabulous night full of lovely moments with those very dear to me. Books don’t happen without a lot of support from a heck of a lot of people. And to me that’s what a launch is all about: saying thank you. I hope the prosecco, the cupcakes and most of all, the performing terrier said THANK YOU loud and clear.